Wednesday 21 January 2015

Guess who's back, back again...


It’s safe to say, it’s been a while.. Nearly two months to be exact! Training has been HARD, mentally and physically.

I started training in October as per all the training plans but sticking to a plan around the Christmas/new year season was tough! Not that I want to make excuses, I made it tough on myself thinking I could do too much and it turned into a downhill mud slide, I still trained but nothing like I was meant too.

Now on to the positives, although I haven’t put much into training I have achieved A LOT in the last 4 weeks, where I knuckled down and got myself back on track!

I have been eating well, thinking well, stretching well! I have changed my plan a lot, I don’t run like it all the plans say… I have been doing around 3 weight sessions and 2 mid-week runs around 5/6k and my long staple run every weekend. It works for me so I will keep going as long as it still works!

Weights have made my legs and body feel so strong, I definitely think it’s making my posture in running stronger meaning there is less of struggle physically.

Mileage
I am now up to 8 miles and feeling confident – that’s a quarter of the way with 14 weeks to go! Now it’s the hard part, this weekend I will be taking on the 10 mile which I know some people will think is not that much after 8 but for me it really is! It’s only going to get harder and harder, mentally it takes so much to keep going over 6 miles.

Pace
I have finally broke the 10 minute barrier per mile, I am down to 9.30 per mile! Although I am always over 10 minutes for the first 3 miles? The last leg is ALWAYS my quickest. I wish I could pace myself better but I can’t especially when it’s so cold out at the moment in London. Any faster and I can’t breathe and feels like the wind is in my chest. Am I alone in this?

So that’s my update, not a lot but it’s all in motion.. Until next Tuesday – the 10 mile update!! Brace yourselves.

Jenna X


JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment