Thursday 27 November 2014

All I want to do is.... RUN!



I am finally starting to love running, to the point of I don't really want a day off? I know, weird!

I never thought I would actually feel this way, but it has been a hard week in my office job and I have felt the need to just go and RUN.

I must admit I have lowered my mileage and the maximum I have run for the past week has been 3 miles, just as I have had little to no time for anything longer. BUT guess what? I have been running the fastest since my triathlons which considering I have actually just wanted to run to clear my head, well, is just amazing. I am under that 10 minute per mile comfortably and don’t feel like I am going to pass out at the end! Finally! On top of that I could probably just keep going at the same pace for another mile or two (my plan now for the weekend).

Tonight I am doing what I never do and I am running in the evening, I just want to get out there and run! I should be going Yoga as a part of my cross training but I think I will do it at home with Adrian (YouTube) for a nice flow after and stretch out.

One thing I am thankful for is… Foam rollers, I had a niggle for a few days in my calves that was constantly on my mind and I just happened to pick a mat in the gym with one on and within a few minutes of a good roll it’s been cured! I have learnt I need to really warm my muscles up in the colder weather.

I can feel my whole body changing before me, I have lost 5lb in the last 2 weeks since I started and I have really felt good for it! Nothing really jiggles anymore and well I just feel amazing regardless of the weather and my motivation is probably the highest it's ever been. Just to note, I never signed up to loose weight, I am happy but I guess if a few more pounds drop off I won't be complaining!

Unfortunatly Christmas is just around the corner, and it is going to get harder to get out there but hopefully my motivation continues.. Here’s some views from my 3 mile runs around the Shadwell Basin route this week, as you can see it’s very easy on the eye and makes running in the City a dream!





No comments:

Post a Comment