Thursday 20 November 2014

Those early mornings...

The nights are now creeping in far too early for my liking, as I type its pitch black out at five thirty in the evening which makes me yawn, ready for bed. Luckily for me I have done my run at lunch, a nice 3 mile run around the Shadwell Basin (a city runners paradise route next to St Katherine's Dock) but I know that come January I will be running longer on the weekdays which means unless I knock a good few minutes off my 10 minute miles in the next 8 weeks (I know, I will need a miracle) I will be getting up at 5.30am to jump on the tube with all the construction workers to make sure I get that long run in before work.

So my theory is, get up early now a couple days a week and it won’t be so bad come January? I know, I am a GENESIS!

So whats my Plan within my Plan?
Firstly. I recently upgraded my gym membership to their rather new swanky gym LAX St Botolph’s. It is a gym-junkies heaven, everything you could possibly need under one roof, which to be honest after a month, I am still completely and utterly in love with regardless that it costs me a small fortune! Sad but true. It adds a good deal of motivation, trust me if you are in The City - enquire and see for yourselves! You will know exactly what I mean.

Secondly. Enlist the help of my fellow colleagues/friends who also love the gym/running! I have three wonderful ladies who have the same love/hate relationship with exercise who happen to run around the same pace! Which normally results in a good old natter that leaves you breathless anything over 3 words but we still do it every time!! And then there is my work Running Club every Wednesday lunch, who run like they have missed their calling as pro-athletes and make 4 miles look like the 400m sprint. BUT I cannot begin to explain how much it helps to run with others of all different abilities, I run faster and at an even pace without even knowing it! Hallelujahhh!

So to clarify I plan on encouraging my lovely friends get up at ridiculous hours of the morning to get a nice long run in knowing if it pees down with rain (I do after all live in England) we can still run and watch Good Morning Britain on the swanky new treadmills to then stretch to our hearts delight in the Yoga Studio (just at the thought my tired and achy legs with fill with pure happiness) which will hopefully get my little feet out of the cosy warm bed. We all know that's the real hard part of running, just getting up and going!

And for when they are too busy having a lovely fulfilled social life...

PLAN B -I am going to plan things to do (with others) for that lunch/evening/weekend afternoon so I HAVE to get up. This really helps, I don’t like evening runs, as per my Blog name I like to run before I eat which may sound crazy but I am a bloater and running full of food just isn't going to happen for me, which is the same at lunch after a small breakfast I do not snack.. If I do and then run, I feel like crying the whole way round and I have, at the beginning before I learn't from my rookie mistake.



They say it takes 3 weeks to make it a habit?!...Only time will tell!

What do you do to get up on those early morning runs?

Until Sunday... Jenna x

No comments:

Post a Comment