Tuesday 18 November 2014

And so it begins....

Hello, and well welcome I guess? This is my first time ever blogging, so please bear with me! I am running a marathon, yes you heard it right.. A MARATHON! The 2015 Virgin London Marathon to be precise!

It was one of those silly ideas you have after going up London and watching thousands of people looking tired but so inspirational. First thing Monday morning I ticked a few boxes and sent off a form not thinking too much of it around 30mins later I had confirmation - I was IN!

And so on the 10th November I started, previous to this I should tell you I have dabbled in the London Super Sprint and Sprint Triathlons which I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would which lead me to running, just one sport to concentrate on. Before I go on, I am NOT a runner, I was a swimmer for a number of years but grown out of! I actually see a post on Instagram that stated..

"Slow runners make fast runners look good. Your Welcome"

...and I then knew I had a place in the running community and not to feel silly when men zoomed past me at a hundred miles an hour every lunch.


My current pace varies between 10minute - 11minute miles and everything in between, which in all honestly I am over the moon with as it can only get better!

I work in the City of London, which does make running easier than at home, I think I have the Tower of London and St Pauls to thank for my new love of the sport!

So if you want to continue on my Marathon Journey with me, continue reading!

I will be updating on everything that I come across over the next 23 weeks!.

I am actually quite excited about it all and everything in between then and now.

Lot of running love

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment